How to update
View the Changelog page to see the latest version and the changes.
Update PRO version
IMPORTANT! Make a backup of the database and the plugin inside your WordPress installation folder /wp-content/plugins/dopbsp/.
To receive notifications about new versions and to update Pinpoint Booking System using WordPress admin you need to activate the licence.
Updating Pinpoint Booking System manually requires FTP familiarity.
- Step 1 - Go to our shop and Sign in into Licences page.
- Step 2 - Download the plugin
- Step 3 - Click Download icon from the right, to download the latest version of the file dopbsp.zip on your computer.
- Step 4 - With your FTP program connect to your web server.
- Step 5 - Go where your WordPress plugins files are, to folder wp-content/plugins.
- Step 6 - Overwrite the folder dopbsp from the zip file you downloaded (this is why it is important to backup any changes you have made to the plugin files). If you did not make any changes to the plugin files, you are free to overwrite them with the new ones without the risk of losing any plugins settings, and backwards compatibility is guaranteed.
Update FREE version
IMPORTANT! Make a backup of the database and the plugin inside your WordPress installation folder /wp-content/plugins/booking-system/.
The free version of Pinpoint Booking System is hosted on WordPress.org Plugin Directory, here. You will be notified about new versions and you can use WordPress admin to update the plugin automatically.
Upgrade from FREE to PRO version
Simply deactivate the Free version and install Pinpoint Booking System PRO version. You can delete the FREE version afterwards. The calendar, the settings and the translations will be automatically added in the PRO version installation.
Update from version 1.x to 2.x
WARNING! If you update from 1.x to 2.x please take in consideration the next info.
- Change admin language back to the default one (English).
- Do not delete the old files because it is possible to lose some of your data!
- If you intend to update from an older version most of the translation you added will be lost.
- Permissions to users to use the booking system needs to be given again. No data is lost, but they will not see the calendars because they are not allowed to.
- The way you add the booking system to a WooCommerce product has changed. You will need to configure them again.
- You need to setup user permissions for specific calendars again.