Please follow this instructions on how to install Pinpoint Booking System and how to solve problems that may appear.
Install PRO version
Follow the next steps on how to download Pinpoint Booking System WordPress Plugin (PRO version) after you purchased it from our shop:
- Step 1 - Go to our shop and Sign in into My account page.
- Step 2 - Select the tab Shop->Licences.
- Step 3 - Click Download icon from the right, to download the file dopbsp.zip on your computer.
To add Pinpoint Booking System plugin using the built-in plugin installer:
- Step 1 - Go to Plugins->Add New in WordPress administration area.
- Step 2 - Click Upload Plugin on top of the page.
- Step 3 - Click Choose File and select dopbsp.zip from your computer, the one you downloaded from our shop.
- Step 4 - Click Install Now to install Pinpoint Booking System.
- Step 5 - After installation is complete, click Activate Plugin to activate Pinpoint Booking System.
The manual installation of Pinpoint Booking System requires FTP familiarity.
- Step 1 - Connect to your web server with your FTP program.
- Step 2 - Go where your WordPress files are, to the folder wp-content/plugins.
- Step 3 - Upload the folder dopbsp from the zip file you downloaded.
- Step 4 - Go to Plugins screen, in WordPress administration area, and find the newly uploaded Pinpoint Booking System in the list.
- Step 5 - Click Activate to activate it.
Install FREE version
On some servers, when you install or update Pinpoint Booking System, the process can be very slow. This is caused by WordPress function dbDelta() which creates and updates your database.
We recommend to be patient and allow the installation to finish. If something happens during it and the database is not created, please use the following steps:
- Step 1 - With your FTP program connect to your web server.
- Step 2 - Go where your WordPress files are, to folder wp-content/plugins/dopbsp for PRO version or to folder wp-content/plugins/booking-system for FREE version.
- Step 3 - Open and edit the file dopbsp-config.php.
- Step 4 - Set constant DOPBSP_CONFIG_INIT_DATABASE value to true @line 17.
- Step 5 - Go to WordPress administration area and refresh the page. It does not matter on which page you are.
- Step 6 - Set constant DOPBSP_CONFIG_INIT_DATABASE value back to false.
You can also use the Repair database & text tool.
The server crashed
When installing or updating the plugin, due to the large number of processes that run only when the plugin is installed, it is possible that your server will crash.
One solution is to increase the memory allocated to PHP. WordPress provides instructions on how to do that.
If the booking system did not install properly, or you have problems with WordPress administration area after installation, please write us on the Support Forum and we will debug the problem for you.
The problem is always caused by incompatibility with another plugin, theme or the server is not configured correctly.